Code of Conduct for Members of EuroCollectNet (ECN) ASBL
Members are committed to observe the following fundamentals for quality assurance in their dealings with clients and with each other:
- Members will cooperate in an internal network for their mutual benefit through exchange of technical and personal resources based on growing trust.
- Respect and loyalty among Members that extends far beyond the ethics of professional collegiality.
- Assurance of a high value quality service achieved by drawing on expertise from other ECN Members
- Discretion and confidentiality in all matters.
- Clients are assured that
- Each member will comply with all rules and regulations imposed by the regulatory body in the Member’s jurisdiction
- A client referred by a Member will be treated as one’s own client;
- Information to be provided to the client in a regular manner;
- Cost transparency to be guaranteed at all times where possible.
- Cooperation between members mean that:
- Response to telephone or written inquiries will be dealt within the shortest possible time;
- Members are prepared to offer reciprocal expert support;
- The poaching of a member’s client is forbidden;
- If requested by either party correspondence will take place in English.
- Violations of these obligations shall be brought to the attention of the Board of Directors. Continuing violations will result in warnings, penalties, and or expulsion from the EuroCollectNet (ECN) ASBL.